Monday, January 19, 2009

FIGHT CANCER! prevent it, detect it, treat it RIGHT!


This month is National Cancer Awareness Month, so I dedicate this post to all the cancer patients and survivors around the world.I was informed by Ifoundme about this event so I decided to join her cause.

I just want to put a brief description about cancer.

According to wikipedia, Cancer (medical term: malignant neoplasm) is a class of diseases in which a group of cells display uncontrolled growth (division beyond the normal limits), invasion (intrusion on and destruction of adjacent tissues), and sometimes metastasis (spread to other locations in the body via lymph or blood). These three malignant properties of cancers differentiate them from benign tumors, which are self-limited, do not invade or metastasize. Most cancers form a tumor but some, like leukemia, do not. The branch of medicine concerned with the study, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer is oncology.

I just want to inform all the cancer patients that cancer is just another trial that knocks on our doors. Don't lose hope. We are here to support you in every way we can. Be strong. You are not alone.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Lalaine!
    This is my 1st time here. I am also IFM’s friend.
    Just want to share my contribution.

    http://revsiopao.wordpress.com/national-cancer-awareness-week-%E2%99%A3-19-22-january-2009/

    In my post, I added your link on the list of those who have already joined the ‘caravan’.

    Babalik ako ulit dito to read your blogs.
    You are also welcome in my “siopawan”.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to know that a number of bloggers supported ifm's call for this. thanks lalaine for participating.

    stand up to cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thanks for this post and recognizing this as cancer awareness month. My wife has had three bouts with cancer and I am blessed that she is still with me. This is a terrible disease but we must not give up because there is new research that is coming up with cures every day. If you are struggling today, turn it over to the Lord and to the doctors and let both do their job. You will be pleasantly surprised at the wonderful outcomes. Just remember one thing, setbacks always pave the way for comebacks.

    Eddie Garcia
    (229) 889-9532 Anytime!
    eddiegarcia08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you are supporting cancer awareness!

    ReplyDelete

Just like that, 2023 is almost over

How time flies so quick. Just like that we are already at the end of the year. There's so many memories this year have given me. This is...