Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Google+ bids goodbye (June 2011 - August 2019)



Last October 8, 2018, Google announced they will be shutting down Google+ due to low user engagement and a software error. In Spite of incorporating it with Google's successful products like Gmail, Blogger, YouTube, Google+ still has low engagement and in Google's own words, "90 percent of Googe+ users session are less that five seconds." *(I agree with this as I, myself couldn't remember the last time I visited Google+ :)).

Google said that Google+ will fully bid goodbye on August 2019 to allow users to download and migrate their account information. 



Reference: Gizmodo and Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like that, 2023 is almost over

How time flies so quick. Just like that we are already at the end of the year. There's so many memories this year have given me. This is...